Economists use their results to advise government, the private sector, and industry on specific economic conditions, trends, and policy implications.
Why study Economics?
Avarage monthly income
Highest paid career in Mexico
The employability rate of economics professionals.
What does an Economist do?
Economists analyze the current economic situation and forecast factors, such as unemployment and inflation levels, that may change the future.
As a graduate with an Economics degree, your mission will be to observe, analyze, control, audit, investigate and advise on government, companies, or industries´ economic stimulations.
At Arkansas State University campus Querétaro, we prepare you to be an Economics professional with the skills to specialize in any of the areas (new and traditional) of this profession.
In addition, we will give you solid business training so that you can work in Mexican, the United States, and world markets.
Live the University
Valid in Mexico and the United States
Classes 100% in English
With a multicultural team of teachers
American University Model
The first US university in México
Our Student Testimonials
Labor Field Where do economics professionals work?
Economics professionals work in all kinds of organizations and companies
Aspire, Dream, Realize Some great economists of the 21st century
Has served as Chief Economist on the US Senate Budget Committee
An economic advisor to Bernie Sanders’ 2016 and 2022 presidential campaigns.
Mohamed A. El-Erian
Allianz chief economic adviser
Former CEO and current Chief Investment Officer at PIMCO.
Member of the White House Council of Economic Advisors
Advisor to the World Bank, IMF, the Trilateral Commission, and the UN.
French economist; specialist in economic inequality and income distribution
He is currently an associate professor at the Paris School of Economics.
Upon completion of the Economics degree, the graduate of Arkansas State University Campus Querétaro will be able to:
1. Understand and analyze how companies and markets interrelate in determining market outcomes.
2. Explain how monetary policy affects output and prices in models of aggregate economic activity.
3. Explain how changes in government spending and taxes affect the macroeconomy using various economic models.
4. Use theoretical-quantitative models for the analysis of micro and macroeconomic situations and offer recommendations based on predictions of the behavior of the variables analyzed.
5. Use the different statistical-econometric methods most suitable for the analysis of information that helps in decision-making for companies in the public and private sectors.
6. Understand and explain how the global political-economic environment influences the national economy, as well as the effect on companies.
- First Year Experience – Business
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Oral Communication
- Math Elective
- Life Science Elective
- Physical Science Elective
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Social Science Elective
- U.S. History or U.S. Government Elective
- Fine Arts Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Business Communications
- Microcomputer Applications
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Business Finance
- Legal Environment of Business
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Microeconomic Analysis
- Money and Banking
- Applied econometrics
Upper-level economics electives
- Theory and Firm Elective
- Public Policy and Business Elective
- International Elective
- 6 Courses in General Electives or a Completed Minor in Another Discipline
Arkansas State University Queretaro’s School of Business has an AACBS accreditation – the most important accrediting agency in the business school field. (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)