This is one of the best times to start a career in Strategic Communication. Nowadays, all companies and NGOs require a department specialized in digital communication.
Why Study Strategic Communication?
Employability rate of a recent communications graduate
Working in the private sector
De la mano de obra está compuesta por mujeres
What Doeas A Graduate In Strategic Communication do?
Today we live in a hyper-connected world, where we can receive messages 24 hours a day and in the palm of our hand. Communication specialists are responsible for understanding and analyzing the media environment to create creative content strategies that highlight the key message.
With a degree in strategic communication, your mission will be to create internal communication strategies, plan communication processes, manage media and develop media content. In short, as a communicator you can work anywhere; the important thing is to specialize in a wide range of job possibilities.
At Arkansas State University Queretaro Campus we prepare you to be a communication professional with the ability to specialize in any of the areas (new and traditional) of the communication world.
In addition, we will give you a solid business background so you can work in the Mexican and U.S. markets. Open your world to possibilities.
Enroll now! Start your path in the vast world of communication and get ready to make your mark in the international market.
Live the University
VALID IN MEXICO AND THE UNITED STATES
Classes 100% In English
WITH A MULTICULTURAL TEAM OF TEACHERS
American University Model
THE FIRST AMERICAN UNIVERSITY IN MEXICO
Our Student Testimonials Testimonials
Labor Field Where do strategic communication professionals work?
Communication professionals work in various types of organizations and companies
Aspire, Dream, Realize Some great communicators of the 21st century
Alejandro González Iñarritu
Mexican filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, broadcaster, and composer.
One of the most famous and renowned communication specialists, known for winning 2 Oscars for the films “Birdman” and “The Revenant”.
Prominent Mexican journalist who began her journalistic career at Imevisión.
A broadcasting company with its own information and analysis channel.
Luis Arturo Villar
Better known as Luisito Comunica, he is one of the most famous YouTubers with more than 20 million subscribers.
Journalist, presenter and producer.
He has covered various events, such as the war in Iraq, and international music and film festivals, such as Cannes (France).
Upon completion of the Strategic Communication degree, the graduate of Arkansas State University campus Querétaro will be able to:
- Know and understand how to use advertising, public relations, social media, branding, crisis communication, media relations, research methods and evaluation tools to help organizations communicate and build relationships with their publics.
- Be prepared to work for advertising and public relations agencies, companies big and small, governmental agencies, and nonprofit organizations such as universities, hospitals, museums and NGOs.
- Understand concepts and apply theories in the use and presentation of messages, images, and information.
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communications professions, audiences and purposes they serve.
- Communicate effectively using words and images for multiple platforms, ranging from interpersonal communication to digital media.
- First Year Experience – Making Connections
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Oral Communication
- Math Elective
- Life Science Elective
- Physical Science Elective
- Mass Communication in Modern Society
- Social Science Elective
- U.S. History or U.S. Government Elective
- Fine Arts
- Humanities Elective
Strategic Communication Core
- Interactive Advertising
- Account planning and management
- Strategic Communication Law and Ethics
- Strategic Writing I
- Strategic Writing II
- Strategic Visual Communications
- Social Media in Strategic Communications
- Principles of Strategic Communication
- Social Media Measurement
- Strategic Communication Campaigns
Media and Communication Electives
Minor and General Electives
7 Minor Courses
- 7 Courses in General Electives or
- a Completed Minor in Another Discipline