Digital Technology & Design
Graphic designers are communicators who, through technological tools or by hand, can create new concepts. A graphic designer oversees giving life to certain messages and ideas that need to be transmitted to an audience; You can do it through drawings, sketches, brochures, or books, among other technological supports.
Why study Digital technology & design?
People working as graphic designers and programmars during the 4th trimester of 2021.
Percent of workers were employed in the legal services sector; 21.3% in printing and related industries; 6.97% in Business Administration Services
The average salary for a recent graduate; earning an increase of 2.25%, compared to the third quarter of 2021 ($7.94k MX).
What doeas a graduate in Digital technology & design do?
As a graphic designer, your work has different professional opportunities:
- Creative Director: Manage a creative team that works for a brand doing campaigns, branding, and everything related to the image
- Art Director: Manage and coordinate the team of designers to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Art Production Manager: manage the production of the arts, as well as their creation, in such a way that it is efficient, and costs are reduced.
- Brand Image Creator: as its name indicates, the designer who performs this work creates the pieces essential for branding.-Visual Image Developer: Creation of images and designs using three-dimensional images, photo, and video editing
- Brand Designer: Create the brand or company logo. The key objective is branding design
- Web pages: Create the web page for the company you are working for or starting, focusing on UI and UX.
- App Designer: Design mobile applications, in their visual aspects, to improve usability and experience.
A Bachelor´s degree in Technology and Digital Design prepares you with advanced knowledge, technical skills, and a quality portfolio in a specific area of technology and digital design.
You will be able to understand and apply the best practices of critical thinking and process design to solve problems. This bachelor´s degree is good preparation if you plan to work as a digital designer in various fields of technology, advertising, development research centers, or marketing agencies in either the private or public sectors.
The specialties in this bachelor’s degree are designed to prepare you for development in Game Design, Graphic Communication, Mobile Application Development, Social Network Management, and Website Design. A certificate in Swift coding is also available, which is Apple’s programming language to create apps.
As a graduate of Digital Design, your mission is to create websites, apps, and master the HTML and CSS language through technology that improves visual communication.
At Arkansas State University Campus Querétaro, we prepare you to be a Digital Design professional with the skills to specialize in any of the areas (new and traditional) of the technology and design world.
Apply now! Start your path in the world of digital technologies and design and get ready to make your mark on the visual market, in brands, and industry.
Live the University
Valid in Mexico and the United States
Classes 100% in English
With a multicultural team of teachers
American University Model
The first US university in México
Our Student Testimonials
Labor Field Where do graphic design professionals work?
Graphic design professionals work in every creative company.
Aspire, Dream, Realize Graphic design professionals work in every creative company
Hand letterer and logo designer
Has worked with Penguin Books and Wes Anderson.
Knopf Associate Art Director
Prolific book cover designer.
Founder and director of Studio Moross
Has contributed designs to brands such as Vogue and Cadburys.
President, AIGA National Partner at Pentagram
Worked with Disney, the New York Jets and Hillary Clinton.
Upon completion of the Technology and Digital Design degree, the graduate of Arkansas State University Campus Querétaro will be able to:
1. Apply a working knowledge of digital design to create a quality, professional portfolio (in the specialty area).
2. Apply technical and aesthetic skills required of a designer (in the specialty area).
3. Develop Video Games, Graphic Communications, Mobile Application Development, Social Network Management, and Website Design.
4. Know the main concepts and theories in the field of digital design and its application in the current market using new technologies.
5. Analyze, experiment, and evaluate the process of designing and producing graphic messages.
6. Use the basic tools for the design and production of graphic messages applied to mobile devices applications, vlogs, videos, and animations, and the management of social networks and web pages.
7. Express ideas graphically with the proper mastery of the corresponding theory and practice, as a mediator of messages, creative inventor of communication, translator of ideas, and interpreter of meanings and concepts.
8. Give meaning to visualizations and execute them, thus becoming an actor who makes use of graphic ingenuity for the benefit of society.
- First Year Experience – Making Connections
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Physical Science Elective
- Physical Science Elective
- Life Science Elective
- Math Elective
- Introduction to U.S. Government
- Introduction to Psychology
- Mass Communication in Modern Society
- Fine Arts Elective
- Fine Arts Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Oral Communication
Digital Technology and Design Core
- Concepts of Programming
- Creative Writing
- Design Literacy
- Human Centered Design
- Graphic Design Internship
- Design Build I
- Digital Technology and Design Portfolio
- Cultural Psychology
- Emphasis Areas
- 8 Courses Example of emphasis areas
- Social Media Management
- Web Design
- Graphic Design
- Mobile Application Development
- Game Design
- Information Design
- Virtual Reality Production Among others…
- General Electives
- 10 Courses in General Electives or a Completed Minor in Another Discipline (6 courses)